If you’re looking for some pretty and interesting quotes about Venice for your Instagram captions, or you just love a good quote and you adore Venice, then you’re in the right place!
These twelve quotes about Venice are some of our favourites and we hope you’ll love them just as much as we do.
“Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go.”
– Truman Capote was an American novelist, screenwriter, playwright and actor. One of his most famous literary works is the novella, Breakfast at Tiffany’s which inspired the Audrey Hepburn classic of the same name.
“A realist, in Venice, would become a romantic by mere faithfulness to what he saw before him.”
– Arthur Symons was a British poet, critic and magazine editor who died in 1945.
“This was Venice, the flattering and suspect beauty this city, half fairytale and half tourist trap, in whose insalubrious air the arts once rankly and voluptuously blossomed, where composers have been inspired to lulling tones of somniferous eroticism.”
– Thomas Mann, also known as Paul Thomas Mann, was a German novelist, social critic, philanthropist and the 1929 Nobel Prize in Literature laureate.
“An orange gem resting on a blue glass plate: it’s Venice seen from above.”
– Henry James was an American author and is considered to be an influential figure in progressing literature from realism to modernism.
“If I were not King of France, I would choose to be a citizen of Venice.”
– Henry III of France was King of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth from 1573 to 1575 and King of France from 1574 until his death in 1589.
“I will never forget experiencing Venice for the first time. It feels like you are transported to another time – the art, music, food and pure romance in the air is like no other place.”
– Elizabeth Berkley is an American actress. You’ll likely best know her as Jessie Spano from the TV series, Saved by the Bell.
“Venice is the most romantic place in the world but it’s even better when there is no one around.”
– Woody Allen is an American director, writer and actor.
“Paris is an ideal place to become informed, while Venice is a place to think and write.”
– Pontus Hulten was a Swedish art collector and museum director.
“In the winter, Venice is like an abandoned theatre. The play is finished, but the echoes remain.”
– Arbit Blatas was an artist and sculptor.
“Venice, the most touristy place in the world, is still just completely magic to me.”
– Frances Mayes is a university professor, poet and novelist. One of her most famous works is her book of memoirs called Under the Tuscan Sun: At Home in Italy, which inspired the beautiful biographical film: Under the Tuscan Sun.
“Venice has always fascinated me. Every country in Europe then was run by kings and the Vatican except Venice, which was basically run by councils. I’ve always wondered why.”
– Alan Furst is an American author of historical spy novels.
“Venice is eternity itself.”
– Joseph Brodsky, (Iosif Aleksandrovich Brodsky), was a Russian-born poet and essayist.
So tell us, did you love these quotes about Venice? Know of any others? Let us know in the comments below…
Looking for more inspiring quotes? Check out our other blogs:
- 25 Quotes About London To Inspire You To Visit
- 41 Heartwarming Quotes About England & The British Culture
- 43 Quotes About Amsterdam & Clever Puns For Your Instagram
- 60+ NYC Instagram Captions & Quotes About NYC To Inspire You
- 60+ Quotes About Hawaii & Proverbs From The Rainbow State
- 55+ Romantic Travel Quotes & Fun Travel Puns
Feel inspired? Share the wanderlust inspo around!