Looking for epic Jet2.com destinations from Bristol Airport? You’re in the right place, so keep reading…
Door to door, Bristol Airport in the southwest of England is just 40 minutes from our house. Lucky us, eh? Naturally, we always choose to fly from Bristol when we can as it’s such an easy commute.
Well, things just got a little bit more awesome as Jet2.com recently announced that they’re also now flying from Bristol, which means Scott and I (and all of you living in the southwest of England) have even more amazing destinations to choose from for your next big summer getaway or even an epic winter ski trip.
To celebrate Jet2.com’s new base (their tenth in the UK), they kindly sent us a hamper full of goodies we can use on our next jaunt to Europe; most of which would also make fantastic travel gifts!
Here’s what was inside our hamper (just in case it gives you some shopping or gift inspiration):
- Jet2holidays voucher (we can’t wait to spend this!)
- Bondi Sands coconut scented sun lotion and after sun (this stuff smells divine!)
- A fun beach read called ‘Malibu Rising’
- Lonely Planet book called ‘Where To Go When Europe’
- Scratch off map for Europe
- ‘Lisbon’ candle, which smells like grapefruit and lemon
- Travel sized craft cocktails (helpful as you only need to add ice and they sound super tasty)
- Various travel gadgets such as a power bank, selfie stick, mini speaker, ear buds and a waterproof phone pouch
- Scrapbook (very handy for my newly discovered passion for junk journaling)
- Jet2holidays merchandise including a beach towel and tote bag
All of this (especially the voucher, map and Lonely Planet book) got us thinking… where would we go?
Always up for a bit of travel planning, we chose ten bucket list worthy Jet2.com destinations from Bristol Airport to celebrate their tenth UK base.
Are you ready for a bit of wanderlusty daydreaming? Here’s where we chose to feature…
Bucket List Worthy Jet2.com Destinations From Bristol
Please note that while some of these Jet2.com Bristol destinations are available to book right now, some of them will launch later this year or in 2022. Still… super exciting times are on the horizon!
Dubrovnik in Croatia is known for its historic ‘Old Town’, incredible architecture and Game of Thrones filming locations.
September and October are especially great months to visit as temperatures cool off a little while it’s still hot enough for sunbathing. All of the big cruise ships have also usually departed by then, meaning fewer crowds.
Scott and I were supposed to visit Dubrovnik as part of our Croatia itinerary in 2020, but the current situation meant we had to change our plans slightly.
Grenoble is a city in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region of southeastern France and looks like an amazing getaway for mountain lovers.
We’d think a city break in spring or autumn would be ideal, but there are also roughly 20 ski resorts surrounding Grenoble, making it a great destination for winter breaks.
Crete is one of the Greek islands (the largest in fact!), and as such, you can expect sun, sea, sand and incredible food.
Most people say May, June, September and October are great months to visit, as much like Dubrovnik, you can avoid the larger crowds while still relaxing in the sun during these months.
Jet2.com now fly from Bristol to Heraklion in Crete.
Santorini is one of the Cyclades Islands in the Aegean Sea. It’s most known for its superb sea views, with white-washed blue-roofed houses clinging to the cliffs.
Apparently, April, May, September and October are all great months to visit.
I still find it hard to believe that Scott and I haven’t yet visited this infamous island, but now that we have more options for flying out of Bristol, we might just tick this one off our bucket list soon!
5. Canary Islands
Okay, so this is actually multiple destinations in one. Jet2.com are now able to fly from Bristol to many destinations in the Canaries, such as Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Tenerife – where fun in the sun most definitely await!
Most people head to the Canary Islands in the height of summer or winter, so plan your trip during the shoulder months if you want to avoid some of the crowds; you’ll still experience some incredible weather!
6. The Algarve
The Algarve is Portugal’s southernmost region and is most known for its great weather, beaches and Atlantic vistas.
Jet2.com is operating flights from Bristol to Faro in the Algarve, so this could be the perfect opportunity to grab a weekend getaway in the sun.
Once again, the shoulder seasons of spring and autumn seem like some of the better times to visit.
Ahh Salzburg in Austria – where beautiful baroque architecture, mountain views and Mozart concerts await.
Scott and I have already been to nearby Vienna together and we loved it, so a long weekend break to Salzburg sounds just perfect!
According to Jet2.com’s schedule, they’ll be operating flights from Bristol to Salzburg starting in January 2022, so we haven’t got long to wait at all.
Chambéry is an Alpine town in France, which means, just like in Grenoble, mountain views, escapes into nature and maybe even some nearby skiing await!
Chambéry is also currently on Jet2.com’s winter 2021/2022 schedule, so there’s still plenty of time to plan a fantastic getaway to this beautiful region.
Innsbruck in Austria is another Jet2.com Bristol destination for your bucket list where you (and us too!) can enjoy incredible skiing opportunities.
Jet2.com should be flying there from Bristol from January 2022 onwards, so get saving and planning now for an epic mountain getaway!
And finally, Sicily, a Mediterranean island close to Italy, has been on our bucket list for some time.
Sea views, ancient architecture and incredible food await, with late spring and early autumn said to be some of the best months to visit.
Catania in Sicily is on Jet2.com’s Bristol schedule for next year, so get planning now for an epic trip in 2022!
Of course, this list is just a sneak peek of what to expect when planning your Jet2 holiday from Bristol. There are many more destinations to discover.
BONUS: Even More Jet2.com Destinations From Bristol To Consider
With over 40 Jet2.com Bristol destinations to discover, you’ve got a lot of choice for where to go. But if we had to offer our two cents, our top picks are above, followed by a few places that we would 100% visit again:
- Verona, Italy: I spent some time in Verona as a solo traveller before I met Scott, but I would really love to go back there with him one day as it was such a romantic place to visit. Take a look at my Verona itinerary for some ideas of what you can see and do there.
- Paphos, Cyprus: Scott and I roadtripped around Cyprus a few years ago with Paphos as our base and we’d happily go back there again. Sun, sea and Greek mythology? Count us in! Here’s our pick of the most romantic things to do there >>
- Funchal, Madeira: I’ve been to Madeira in the Portuguese Archipelago many times over the years as my mum owns a timeshare out there, but I’ve yet to show Scott around. We’ve promised each other that we’ll go there together one day soon. Check out my 4 day Madeira itinerary to get an idea of the beautiful landscapes that await you!
Over to you now – where would you fly to from Bristol if you had the chance? Drop us a line in the comments below to tell us which places are on your bucket list…
Feeling inspired? Why not share this blog with a friend using one of the buttons below…